Here are the Top Ten Facts about Oak Trees… We bet you didn’t know some of these!
3. The original Royal Oak at Boscobel was destroyed in the 18th century by tourists snipping off branches as souvenirs.
4. The usual lifespan of an Oak Tree is about 200 years, but some live over 1,000 years. In 2013, a 1,200 year-old Welsh Oak Tree was blown down by high winds.
5. ‘The Royal Oak‘ is the third most common pub name in Britain.
8. English Oak differs from sessile Oak (Quercus petraea) in having acorns on stalks. The acorns on Quercus petraea are stalkless.
9. An Oak Tree only starts producing acorns when it is about 40 years old.
10. In 1783, the Epsom Oaks was won by a horse named Maid Of The Oaks.
If you have an Oak Tree in your garden and would like to check its health, please get in touch for a FREE HEALTH CHECK!
SOURCE: Express Online